Dart 31131111 Cast Iron Little M Engine Block Chevy Small Block 350 Mains, 4.000 Bore, Billet steel Caps
True race block which will work with most standard components. Provisions for wet or dry sump oiling systems. Great for power adders and maximum effort engines.
The Dart Little M is designed from the ground up as a true racing engine block which can be used with standard off the shelf small block components.
The Little M is cast from premium high strength Iron and beefed up in all the critical areas. A competition oiling system ensures adequate lubrication to the main bearings at high RPM. Front and rear external oil feed, crossover and restrictor provision simplify plumbing with external pumps.
• Uses standard small block parts, including cam, timing chain, oil pump, oil pan, oil filter, motor mounts, mechanical fuel pump, and clutch linkage.
• Priority main oiling system feeds main bearings first.
• Siamese cylinder bores with extra thick walls resist cracking and improve ring seal for more power (minimum .275” thick with 4.185” bore).
• Open lifter valley improves oil return to pan.
• Enlarged lifter bosses accommodate offset and oversize lifters.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Billet steel 4-bolt main bearing caps on all 5 mains.
• Front & rear external oil feed, crossover and restrictor provision to simplify use of external oil pumps.
• Parts kit included (PN 32000001).
Material: Superior iron alloy
Bore: 4.000" or 4.125" (unfinished)
Bore/Stroke: 4.185" x 4.000" (max recommended)
Cam Bearing Bore ID: SBC 2.00"
Cam Bearings: Specially-coated & grooved with three oil holes
Cam Bearing OS: +.010", +.020", +.030"
Cam Bearing Press: .002"
Cam Journal OD: Standard SBC 1.869"
Cam Plug: 2.375"
Cylinder Wall Thickness: .275" minimum @ 4.185" bore
Deck Height: 9.025" +.005"to.008"
Deck Thickness: .675" minimum
Fuel Pump: Mechanical pump provision
Fuel Pump Pushrod: Standard length
Freeze Plugs: Press-in cup plugs 1-5/8"
Lifter Bores: SBC .8427" to .8437"
Main Bearing Size: 2.450" (350), 2.650"(400)
Main Bearing Bore: (350)2.6401"/-.001" (400)2.8401"/-.001"
Main Caps: Ductile iron, splayed center 3, 2 bolt front and rear
Main Cap Register: Deep stepped register on each side (no need for dowels)
Main Cap Press: .005"
Main Cap Bolts: 7/16"
Oil System: Wet sump, main priority oiling (can use dry sump)
Oil Pump Shaft: 350 main = stock shaft (.481" OD), 400 main = stock shaft (425" OD) MUST machine aftermarket shaft
Oil Filter: Standard SBC filter (uses 2-bolt filter adapter)
Oil Pan: Standard SBC oil pan
Rear Main Seal: 350 main, standard seal, 2-piece, 400 main- Felpro# 2909
Serial Number: On main caps and left front
Starter: Standard SBC
Stud Hole/Head: Blind holes
Timing Chain/Gears: Standard SBC components
Timing Cover: Can use stock stamped steel or plastic
Torque: 65 ft/lbs (7/16" bolts), 35 ft/lbs (3/8" bolts)
Weight: 200 lbs