World Products has developed a refined version of its popular MOTOWN block in the form of the MOTOWN II, and now offers it in over two dozen iterations for small block Chevrolet applications. The MOTOWN II block can be bored to 4.200" and is clearances for 4.000" strokes using a steel rod.
The oiling system features an internal boss for front and rear oil feed. The rear main cap has provisions for a wet sump pump. The valley has cross-feed lines between the left and right lifter oil galleys.
Like all World Products blocks and heads, the Motown II is 100% American made. World's new digital inspection equipment and quality verification procedures ensure dimensions accuracy and mean you can be assured of total quality and superior performance.
Raised Cam Versions: Cam location is raised .134" from stock SBC location. It is also machined with a 50mm cam journal on all nodular cap blocks and a Big Block Chevy cam journal on all billet cap blocks. You have a choice of either .843" or .904 bushed lifter bores
- Material: High Density Iron
- Deck Height: 9.025" (standard Chevrolet)
- Deck Thickness: approximately .600" minimum
- Main Bearings: Standard Chevrolet (350 style)
- Camshaft Location: Stock
- Lifter Bores: Indexed. Standard .8437" bore diameter.
- Bore: 3.990" or 4.115"
- Maximum Bore: 4.200" Cylinder Bores / Steam Holes: Block cylinder bores are of a Siamese design. Because of increased cylinder wall thickness, it is not necessary to incorporate steam holes for street use.
- Cylinder Wall Thickness: Approx. .250" @ 4.200" bore
- Water Jackets: Expanded for better cooling
- Lubrication: Priority main oiling system
- Oil System Features: Integral boss for front feed, boss for rear scavenge rear main cap has provisions for wet sump pump, drilled for dry sump valley scavenge lines, cross-feed lines between left and right lifter oil galleys
- Dip Stick: Driver Side
- Filtration: Integral mount for spin-on filter
- Oil Pan Rails: Solid (stock width) can be clearanced for strokers
- Crank Clearance: 4.000" stroke (H-beam steel rods)
- Main Caps: 4 Bolt Nodular or Billet steel Splayed
- Starter: Standard OEM
- Oil filter mount: Standard OEM
- Motor Mounts: Standard OEM
- Cylinder Head Holes: Blind tapped to prevent leaks
- Weight: Approximately 200 lbs.
- Cam Bearings: Durabond DT1T
- Dowel Pin Kit: World PBMBKSBC
- Oil Restrictors: World 1/8"NPT
- Plug Kit: Pioneer EPS78-10
- Rear Seal: FEL2909