World Products BBC Cast Iron Merlin 8.1 Engine Block Chevy Big Block 454 Mains, 10.240"Deck, 4.245" Bore. Standard Cam, Standard Lifters(FREE Freeze plugs, Cam plug, dowel pins and Pipe plugs) 018100
World Products new 8.1 liter block is a direct replacement style with all the OE fitments and accessory mounts. The 8.1 engine is no longer in production and until now there have been no direct replacement blocks available. These engines are common in trucks, motor homes, marine and industrial applications.
Like all World's blocks and heads, The 8.1 liter is American made. World's new digital inspection equipment and quality verification procedures ensure dimensional accuracy and mean you can be assured of total quality and superior performance
- Block Applications: The Merlin 8.1 blocks are designed to be a replacement for the GM 8.1 Vortec.
- Block Material: High density cast iron
- Deck Height: 10.245"
- Deck Thickness: Approximately .600"
- Cam Bearings: The Merlin 8.1 uses stock BBC cam bearings CH12
- Head Gaskets:Uses stock GM 8.1 Vortec head gasket
- Main Bearings: Standard 8.1 Vortec
- Main Caps: Nodular iron 4 bolt style
- Lifter Bores: GM 8.1 Vortec lifters and retainer tray
- Maximum Bore: Part# 018100/4.310", Part# 018101 and 018102/4.625"
- Water Jackets: Expanded for better cooling
- Oil pump drive: Stock 8.1
- Oil System Features: Redesigned, all stock 8.1 oil coolers will work
- Filtration: Stock
- Oil Pan: Stock
- Stroke Clearance: 4.750" w/ Steel rods
- Camshaft Location: Stock
- Starter: Stock
- Motor Mounts: Stock
- Head Bolt Holes: Designed for stock GM 8.1 Vortec head bolts