World Products SBF Cast Iron Engine Block Ford Small Block 351 Mains, 9.500"Deck, 3.995" Bore, Billet Caps, Standard Cam(FREE Freeze plugs, Cam plug, Dowel pins and Pipe plugs) 087172
From all measurable standards, World Products’ trendsetting MAN O’WAR cast iron block is the ultimate replacement for factory 302 blocks. It comes in various deck heights to match the application. The 8.2” block is a direct bolt in for 5.0L Mustangs and compatible with OEM heads and exhaust systems. You should know that the MAN O’WAR block was used to win the Engine Masters Challenge, and that its design allows huge displacements. Add provisions for 2 extra bolts per cylinder and you can see why it’s a favorite of serious Blue Oval racers!
The MAN O’WAR block was designed from scratch (in collaboration with a leading NASCAR team) using CAD/CAM and 3D design technology. With the ability to design not only the part but the tooling to manufacture it, World’s engineering team has come up with an elegant design that can be cast and machined to exacting specs. Like all other World blocks, the MAN O’WAR is machined using only two fixturing operations, avoiding the tolerance stacking found in OEM production lines.
- Material: High density cast iron
- Deck Height: 8.200", 9.200", 9.500"
- Deck Thickness: .600" minimum
- Cam Bearings: Stock - can be bored to 60mm
- Cam Location: Stock
- Lifter Bores: .875" Can be machined for .904"
- Bore: 3.995" or 4.120"
- Maximum Bore: 4.200"
- Bore Spacing:4.380"
- Cylinder Head Attachment: Stock. Has 2 extra head bolts per cyl. (not required)
- Cylinder Head Bolt Holes: Blind tapped holes to prevent water leaks
- Water Jackets: Expanded for better cooling
- Lubrication: Priority main oiling system
- Oiling System Features: Std pump location. Provisions for dry sump
- Filtration: Integral mount for spin-on filter
- Oil Pan Rails: Stock Ford
- Crank Clearance: 3.500" with 8.200" deck, 4.000" with 9.200" deck, 4.250" with 9.500" deck
- Main Caps: Splayed billet steel, nodular iron, 4 bolt
- Main Cap Hardware: ARP
- Rear Main Seal: Stock one piece seal
- Fuel Pump: Stock
- Starter: Stock
- Motor Mounts: Stock
- Weight: Approximately 200 lbs.
- Cam Bearings: Durabond 351HPT
- Dowel/Plug Kit: BMP 703894B-1K
- Oil Restrictors: BMP 701808-2
- Rear Seal: FEL2942