World Products BBC Cast Iron Merlin GEN VI Engine Block Chevy Big Block 454 Mains, 9.800"Deck, 4.245" Bore, Nodular Caps Standard Cam, Standard Lifters(FREE Freeze plugs, Cam plug, dowel pins and Pipe plugs) 091103
World Products is offering a new Gen VI big block compatible design. This block uses a one-piece rear main seal, and has the Gen VI style oil pan rail and front cover bolt pattern. The block can utilize either the OE type roller lifters or +.300 tall tie bar lifters. It also features a Mark IV style fuel pump boss and oil filter pad. The water jacket and deck surface will accommodate eitherMark IV or Gen V-VI style cylinder heads, making this block extremely versatile.
- Material: High Density Cast Iron
- Deck Height: Standard 9.800"
- Deck Thickness: .600" minimum
- Gen VI style one piece rear main seal
- Gen VI style oil pan bolt pattern
- Gen VI timing cover bolt pattern
- Cam Bearings: Standard Chevrolet
- Main Bearings: Standard Chevrolet
- Camshaft Location: Stock
- Lifter Bores: Indexed (stock .8437" bore)
- Bore: 4.240 (hone to 4.250") or 4.490 (hone to 4.500")
- Maximum Bore: 4.625"
- Cylinder Wall Thickness: .250" at 4.600" bore
- Water Jackets: Expanded for better cooling
- Lubrication: Priority main oiling system
- Filtration: Integral mount for spin-on filter
- Oil Pan Rails: Solid (stock width)
- Crank Clearance: 9.800-4.375"/10.200-4.750" stroke
- Main Caps: 4-bolts splayed, nodular iron or billet steel
- Fuel Pump: Mark IV OEM mount
- Starter: OEM mount
- Motor Mounts: Dual (front and side)
- Cylinder Head Holes: Blind tapped to prevent leaks
- Weight: Approximately 270 lbs.
- Cam Bearings: Durabond GMP12
- Oil Restrictors: BMP 701802-2 installed in the front of block
- Inner Lifter Valley Extra Head Bolts BMP 701302
- Dowel and Plug Kit: BMP 703892S-K